Shopping and Safe handling during COVID-19
- Ensure cart is completely sanitized
- Maintain a safe social distance from others and avoid touching your face
- Consider the items being purchased before picking up and placing them in the cart
- Use Plastic bags, do not use personal fabric bags
- Use Credit or Debit Cards and avoid Cash
- When transferring goods into your home wipe down all containers with a sanitized cloth before placing on the table
- Wash all fruits and vegetables in warm soapy water and lightly scrub for 20 seconds per individual piece, rinse with freshwater and dry
Receiving “CONTACTLESS” Grocery Delivery, Takeout and any other Parcels
- Instruct the Delivery person to Leave the package outside the door
- When transferring goods into your home wipe down all containers with a sanitized cloth before placing on a table or Remove food from containers they came in and transfer them to new, clean containers and immediately discard Delivery containers
Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol or contains a “persistent antiseptic” should be used.
How long can the Novel Coronavirus live on different types of surfaces?
The National Institute of Health has confirmed that COVID-19 can live on cardboard for 24 hours and plastic surfaces for up to 72 hours, disposing of the packaging and washing your hands immediately is strongly recommended.