How to stop misinformation
Ways to try and detect COVID-19 fake news
- Question the source of the information you’re reading. Make sur the source is reliable in which you can trust.
- See if other reliable sources have talked about the same subject. If they have, there’s a better it’s real news.
- Beware of the emails you’ve been receiving, hackers have been sending fake emails to try and steal people’s credentials, banking information, and other personal information.
COVID-19 hoaxes and fake news
- Multiple stories and posts about cures and treatments have been put out into the world of fake news.
- Drinking water every 15 minutes will kill the coronavirus. This is another piece of fake news